November 02, 2007

Wine Market Happy Hour

Last night was "Girls Night Out" at The Wine Market in Locust Point. This is the second time our girls group has gotten together there and it definitely won't be the last. The Happy Hour Specials are a steal at $3 per glass of featured wine (they had 2 reds and 2 whites to choose from) and $3 per selected appetizers (there were about 6 to choose from).

I had the featured Shiraz and sampled the Blackened Salmon Bites and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich. The portions were perfect for Happy Hour and the food, as always, was first-rate. The salmon had a crispy, spicy crust and was cooked to a juicy medium. The sandwich is also worthy of praise. It was made with warm and chewy focaccia and a crispy slice of bacon added a nice crunch. The cheese was perfectly melted and the Dijon mustard (served on the side) rounded everything out.

The retail store is open until the restaurant closes so I was able to pick up a bottle of champagne before leaving. Hopefully Drew and I will pop it open tonight--we hear if he passed the Maryland Bar Exam later this afternoon. (edited: Drew PASSED THE BAR!!! YAY!! CONGRATS HONEY--I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!)

I was a little hungry when I got home and had to settle for chips and salsa, but I was really craving some more Wine Market appetizers. I'll just have to wait until the next Girls Night Out....

Below is the info for the Wine Market. I hope you visit soon and enjoy it as much as I do:

http://www.the-wine-market.com/
E Fort Ave # 135
Baltimore
(410) 244-6166

No comments: